Grand Canyon RP (Desert/Wild West Style)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Of Admins

5 posters

Go down

Some Of Admins Empty Some Of Admins

Post  VincentDonitti Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:10 pm

Admin In-Game name: Some of admins
Date and time: Everytime
What he/she has done: I dont get something. Sometimes there was like 10 admins. Arent admins for help players in game and lead the server? Yes it is. When theres admins like 5 no of them answering for my help. "/w .. hey can you help me?"15 secs later. "/w ... Hello?" *This user has blocked his PM* And when someone dming us no of them watching them or kicking. Please help about it

VincentDonitti
Beginning to Post
Beginning to Post

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-15

Back to top Go down

Some Of Admins Empty Re: Some Of Admins

Post  Ryan_White Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:04 pm

I would just like to explain a few things regarding your post.

Admins now hove something called /admins. It’s for admins to use when they get free time from RPing to help the server, don’t get me wrong, this does not stop players from /whispering you anyway.

Now, I am constantly getting spammed with whispers as well as the numerous amounts of admin reports we get throughout out time. See, there is not /togadmin which means no matter what you are doing no matter how much you could do with a spamless screen IT NEVER happens and our screen is constantly spammed.

For you, if you are a little bored of RPing you can go to paintball or somewhere quiet. If you get a whisper you have plenty of time to answer it and reply to it without a thought in the world, for an admin this is completely different, let me tell you a little about my personal screen and please remember that pretty much all admins have the same.

I am in a faction that uses it in char radio a lot more than any faction I have been in before so not only do I get constant (we have 18 members most of which are active) family chat, I get constant radio chat too. Then there’s the admin chat which we regularly use to update each other regarding players as well as general chat. Then there any warning at all, Anyone paying anyone over 50k ALL hacking warnings etc. Then we have /re and also /report to deal with then there’s /whisper /call /sms /w and /cw to deal with, all of which I use in RP every day. Then we have /b and general chat which I have to try my best to deal with when it’s very easy to miss.

There is also the many people asking you admin questions both OOC and Icly :S while you are in the middle of RP which is very frustrating.

Now, think of all that on your screen and try to run a party in a club for instance, people asking who you are IC and trying to strike up a conversation with you.

There are also levels of admin, the higher your admin level the more things you can do to help people, some people have very limited amounts of commands and some have them all.

Now, we CAN NOT remove admin from our screen, once you are an admin you are an admin so you deal with this ALL day every day.Please remember we do this because WE WANT TO HELP YOU so yes, sometimes when you feel nobody is listening to you its annoying but consider all the things on our screen, consider we MIGHT be on the forums doing forum stuff or we might be in the middle of RP and unable to reply. I personally try to reply even if I can’t help but it’s not always that simple, in fact its always hard to reply to every whisper you get. Don’t forget, often there’s 160 players asking an admin for help and there’s no way on earth we can handle that kind of spam.

Maybe its time you stopped moaning that we didn’t run up and kiss your ass the minute you clicked your fingers and remember that sometimes, we also like to play, have fun but we never get the chance to EVER because we are ALWAYS being contacted in one way or another
Ryan_White
Ryan_White
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_White Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:05 pm

So It's a unnecessary post
Ryan_White
Ryan_White
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicky_Andrews Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:59 pm

Agree with Ryan, but are you an admin in our server because you talk with 'we'Razz anyway thanks for your post ryan, I'm trying to help everyone, some people got big questions like can you change this for me.. That takes long, in the time i'm doing that someone other is coming to me and tells me he's got a problem too.

I want to make this clear for everyone:
You can always whisper me, there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of questions you can ask to a 'normal player' too. Like, where is the cityhall? Im sure some of the other players know it.
Also, if you got a bug, post it on forum. We can't change it 1 2 3, we have to change it in the script and we look on forums everyday.

Thanks Smile

Nicky Andrews

Nicky_Andrews
Lamer and Posthunter
Lamer and Posthunter

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy_Hernandez Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:19 pm

I'm agreeing with everyone hear.
Sometimes I'm helping 5 people at once, so I can accidently just don't read what you just said.
In that way my answer can be or really late, or really weird, or both.

Although, I'm trying to help everyone and I'll do that in the future aswell.

Sorry if me or one of the other admins gave you a weird feeling like: Why won't they answer me?! but we will try to do the best we can.

Thanks for your topic.

Greetings,

Jimmy Hernandez
Jimmy_Hernandez
Jimmy_Hernandez
Administrator

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Character story
Character information: PD Sheriff (Leader) Jimmy Hernandez

https://nextgeneration2008.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_White Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:05 am

Nicky_Andrews wrote:Agree with Ryan, but are you an admin in our server because you talk with 'we'Razz anyway thanks for your post ryan, I'm trying to help everyone, some people got big questions like can you change this for me.. That takes long, in the time i'm doing that someone other is coming to me and tells me he's got a problem too.

I want to make this clear for everyone:
You can always whisper me, there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of questions you can ask to a 'normal player' too. Like, where is the cityhall? Im sure some of the other players know it.
Also, if you got a bug, post it on forum. We can't change it 1 2 3, we have to change it in the script and we look on forums everyday.

Thanks Smile

Nicky Andrews

No Problem Mate, So Raul, What's your ingame name? You can talk to admins, Admins Can help you anytime
Ryan_White
Ryan_White
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_White Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:08 am

I Know I'm not admin, but He says: Admis don't help me...

Specimen: Everyone says: Jimmy.... help me vs.. and Only whole admins helping to people.

So I think you are liar....
Ryan_White
Ryan_White
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:02 am

Shocked Everyone comes to Jimmy or Nicky i only get PMs by the players who really Check the ADMIN LIST and not just look whos got 1337 as Lvl at TAB
So try and whisper another admin IF the other doesnt answer im sure u will get help
Mike
Mike
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan_White Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:26 am

So, Vincent you can talk to Admins, Admins Can help you anytime.
Ryan_White
Ryan_White
Regular RP-er
Regular RP-er

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy_Hernandez Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm never blocking my /whisper, btw.
Jimmy_Hernandez
Jimmy_Hernandez